From DeWiit, Michigan, USA:

Where can I find information to help family members and friends understand diabetes in both children and adults? All I find are articles geared toward the people with diabetes themselves. I would also like it to include information on how they can be supportive, what to look for in a person who is having a reaction and what hey need to do in an emergency. How can I make them understand the importance of taking my medication and eating on time?

Subscribe to Diabetes Forecast which has numerous articles like this each year. If you contact the American Diabetes Association headquarters, they also have some back issues with previous articles. Talk openly with your friends, co-workers, and family.

[Editor's comment: I would also have them visit this website along with those of the ADA and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, as well as our sister site, the Diabetes Monitor. SS]