Question:

From Mooresville, North Carolina, USA:

My son has had diabetes for only 10 months, and we are moving from North Carolina to Ft Worth, Texas. How do I find a "good" doctor? I don't know anyone to get a referral from, and I'm nervous about landing in a new state without a doctor. We sure do not want to end up in an emergency room.

Answer:

If your son is currently seeing a pediatric endocrinologist, he/she has the pediatric endocrinology members' directory so for a referral to someone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Additional comments from James Michael Schurig, RD, LD, CDE:

A If your son is currently seeing a pediatric endocrinologist, he/she has the pediatric endocrinology members' directory so for a referral to someone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

JMS

[Editor's comment: See: Finding a New Diabetes Doctor when you move, at the The Diabetes Monitor. SS]