Question:

From India:

My sister has had juvenile diabetes for 13 years. She just switched to Humalog with NPH once. One of our friend's diabetes specialist doctor suggested that there are severe side-effects of Humalog, and advised not to take it. Would you please help me here since I don't see information about Humalog's side-effects in your website.

Answer:

There are no severe side effects from Humalog. It only works faster and lasts less long than Regular insulin. We recommend it for all of our patients and have great success, fewer episodes of hypoglycemia, more flexibility with multidose insulin algorithms, and excellent hemoglobin A1c in all age groups.

DTQ-ONCEMMD20010331
Posted to Insulin Analogs