Question:

From Texas, USA:

I am a 30 year old male, have had type 1 diabetes for three years, and I have recently noticed small bumps all over my body. I first noticed them on my arms then noticed them on my legs. I seem to have clusters of these bumps on the insides of both ankles. They don't itch, but seem to go away after some time, leaving scars. Is this a symptom of neuropathy?

Answer:

These bumps need to be examined by a physician. They could represent a variety of things. First, patches of red bumps covered by vesicles could represent elevated triglycerides in your blood. There is also an entity known as diabetes shin spots which are pigmented lesions which appear with minimal trauma and take forever to go away. There is also a chance these spots are not related to diabetes and represent another entity.