From Lisbon, Maine, USA:

I am 42, have had type 2 diabetes for about six years, and I am trying to locate some type of logbook that would enable me to keep track of meals (carbs and calories), glucose readings, and medication. I have tried keeping track in a notebook, but am so unorganized that I find myself not doing it, forgetting my medications, etc. Do you know of such a workbook? I think it would really help me to stay in better control.

I recommend you make your own. It is very easy to set up a customized table using standard computer software, such as a word processor or spreadsheet. You can then make your own headings and fill them in, print them out, fax or e-mail them to your doctor.

[Editor's comment: The first step is to ask your diabetes team for a logbook. A number of meter, pump, and medication companies make free logbooks which your team should have or be able to get for you. They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and configurations.

Secondly, there are several options available on-line. See: Software. SS]