Question:

From Hancock, Michigan, USA:

My 10 year old son, who has had diabetes for about a three years and has been on an insulin pump for a little over a year developed a rash on his arms as the start of warm weather arrived which he also had last Spring. His doctor prescribed an ointment, which helped and also he used sunscreen everyday as the doctor believes he is sensitive to the sun. Is there any correlation between his Humalog, diabetes, and sun sensitivity?

Answer:

No relationship of any insulin to any sun sensitivity to my knowledge.