From Grand Cane, Louisiana, USA:

My 10 year old daughter has been through numerous blood tests, upper GI, CT scan, allergy tests, and an endoscopy due to the fact that she was severely nauseated and in turn would get very anxious, have sweaty palms, flushed cheeks, dizziness, shaky, moody, etc. They said that she had reflux and have prescribed medication for that. This seems to have lessened the problem, but she still doesn't feel well and has bouts of nausea, dizziness, etc. The doctors seem to have written her off at this point and she is now talking about how she hates to feel this way most of the time and that she is miserable. She feels like no one is hearing her and that they all think that this is in her head. She has not ever physically vomited, just had the feeling so bad that she would stay in the bathroom. I want to do what I can to help her and have, but I am now at a loss as to where to turn. I questioned the nurse about hypoglycemia and she said her blood work was fine. Am I wrong in assuming it would be unless she was having a "reaction" or "attack" at the particular time the blood was drawn? Wouldn't she have to have a glucose tolerance test done to rule that out?

A glucose tolerance test would not likely be helpful in diagnosing hypoglycemia. You may wish to ask your physician if you can borrow a home blood sugar meter for use during her episodes to help determine if hypoglycemia is causing her problems. Hypoglycemia that would cause the symptoms you describe is actually an exceedingly rare condition, but there really is no way that I know of to know except to test blood sugar during an episode.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia