From St. Mary's, Ohio, USA:

I had gestational diabetes and was placed on a 2200 calorie meal plan. I was able to control my blood sugar and had a healthy baby. I would like to continue on the plan, but would like to know how to cut out some of the calories.

I hope that you spoke with a dietitian when you received your instructions for the meal plan. I think it would be a good idea to set up another appointment to discuss an appropriate calorie level that will suit your goals while allowing you to maintain energy. You do not mention if you are breast feeding. If you are, you will need to maintain a little higher calorie level to allow for milk production.