Question:

My C-peptide level is 0.2 pmol/ml in fasting and in stimulation 0.4 pmol/ml, and I am taking a sulfonylurea. Will my C-peptide results improve when the sugar goes down?

Answer:

These are low C-peptide values. I am concerned that these indicate that you have type 1 diabetes. With this problem, you cannot mount much of a C-peptide response. In addition, taking a sulfonylurea is not going to increase it very much. Rather, it sounds like you need to be on insulin as your primary therapy for your diabetes. As always, you need to discuss these results with your physician.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Blood Tests and Insulin Injections