From Panama City, Florida, USA:

I am 44 years old, have had diabetes for 34 years, and I am on intensive insulin treatment. I have Two years ago, I had laser surgery for retinopathy My insulin treatment includes 5 units of Regular before meals and a sliding scale of NPH at bedtime, and my hemoglobin A1c has been 5.9-6.0% for the past year. Is there another insulin treatment that might help reduce the A1c? I do not have a lot of low's.

The studies which have been performed relating blood sugar control to complications have shown that the blood sugar control, however it is attained, is the most important result. Therefore, if you are using Regular insulin, I believe this is a reasonable thing to use.