My 16 year old daughter does not have diabetes, but does experience symptoms of hypoglycemia. Is this normal? Is there a diet to follow to help to control this? We have talked with our family doctor and she is following closely, but I would like more information about hypoglycemia not related to diabetes.

It is not uncommon for young children to have hypo symptoms if they miss a meal or are late for a meal. Usually children outgrow this, and it is unusual in older children. It is worth having this checked out by your doctor who may want to do some simple checks.

[Editor's comment: Frequent small meals containing protein and carbohydrate should avoid the problem. SS]