Question:

From Northampton, the United Kingdom:

I have type 1 diabetes. My blood sugars are running between 1.4 and 33.4 mmol/L [25.2 and 601. 2 mg/dl] or more (rarely at normal levels), and I currently have trouble keeping my eyes open during the day. I have a lot of course work to do at school, and because of this, stress levels have increased. Could my increased stress levels be affecting my blood sugars?

Answer:

Your stress levels can definitely affect blood glucose control. Levels can vary quite dramatically. Also, part of the reason for the variation could also be because your routine has changed. When this happens it can take a while for the control to steady again. It would be worth having a chat with your diabetes team.

JS

Posted to Stress