From Kennewick, Washington, USA:

I recently purchased a new glucose meter, and when I started using it, I noticed my readings were significantly higher than when I was using my previous system. I did readings simultaneously with both meters, and the readings were consistently 25% higher with the new one. I ran the test strips in both machines and they were both within range. Are there two sets of numbers we need to use to compare our readings to, one for each manufacturer?

Your new meter measures plasma glucose and your previous system measures whole blood. Usually, we say that readings for plasma are 10 to 15% higher. Otherwise, I cannot comment. Technique has a lot to do with it. Are you sure you're using the new meter correctly? You might ask your doctor to check a plasma glucose and prick your finger at the same time and do both tests.