From Whittier, California, USA:

My husband has type 2 diabetes, and we have been giving him his insulin for the past three weeks. After injecting 6 units, my husband's injection site seemed to bubble. What caused this? Can this hurt him?

I am not sure what you mean by bubble as 6 units is not a lot for an adult. It may be that you did not inject it deeply enough, and so it was very near the skin surface, thus causing it to bubble. If you are in any doubt, get your diabetes nurse to check out whether there is a problem with the injection or the insulin.