From Cairo, Egypt:

Which provides the best diabetes control for a nine year old girl with type 1 diabetes, the insulin pump or daily injections? What problems are associated with pump use?

Your question has many possible answers. There is good evidence that an insulin pump can help to lower a person's hemoglobin A1c and thus improve diabetes control. As each year goes by, there is more evidence that insulin pumps are a good tool to use in helping children with diabetes.

In my practice, about 80% of my patients are on insulin pumps. The decision to use a pump is one that you must carefully consider. I would suggest seeing Insulin Pumps, and Is pumping for you? for more information about insulin pumps including advantages and disadvantages of pump therapy.