From Nevada, Texas, USA:

My eight year old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about three months ago, and we are having a lot of problems getting him to give his injections. It is hard to get him to eat so I'm scared to give him his shots. Is this something he will overcome or will this continue?

This can be a common problem with younger children and diabetes. It remains quite important to keep encouraging him. Your son's diabetes educator can work with you to keep him motivated to participate in his diabetes care including the injections.

[Editor's comment: Ask your son's diabetes educators about the device kids call "the rocket" (officially called Inject-Ease®). It makes the shots much easier for kids who are just starting. WWQ]

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Blood Tests and Insulin Injections