My friend has had type 1 diabetes all of her life, and wants to try Ecstasy soon. I am not sure if it is good for her to take it and I am scared for her. What do you think?

Any drug which causes loss of control, especially when someone has diabetes, is a gamble. With diabetes, your friend may have trouble keeping her blood sugar in a good range. If she is impaired in any way to stay on top of this, she is at risk from the drug and the altered blood sugars. The same can be said for alcohol. In my opinion, the risk is not worth it.

Posted to Other Social Issues