From Chicago, Illinois, USA:

My father, who has diabetes, lives outside the country, and I would like to purchase a blood glucose meter for him. Please recommend a meter which does not use strips and is reliable.

All glucose meters requite strips.

Additional comments from David Mendosa, A Writer on the Web:

Yes, all use strips. Bayer advertises the Glucometer Dex as not using strips, but that's just a technicality, since the strips are in a cartridge.

[Editor's comment: Your best bet is to find out which meters are most frequently used in the country in which your father resides and provide him with funding to buy strips (if that is your intent) in case his local health care coverage does not pay for them. SS]