From Dearborn, Michigan, USA:

The lower third of my small intestine was removed due to irritable bowel disease, and I've been having some seizures while I sleep. Could this be related to blood sugar levels? Is there a way I can check the levels myself with an over-the-counter kit? Is there one you recommend? I've eliminated 'all' sugar from my diet except what naturally occurs in fruit.

From what you have indicated to me, it is very important that you contact a diabetes education team near you. They can demonstrate the meters that check your blood sugar and tell you when to monitor. These are basic skills that you need to learn.