From Marble Hill, Missouri, USA:

I'm looking for a free glucose meter. If you know were I can get one, let me know.

Several of the drug companies will assist folks if the need is genuine.

Additional comments from Stephanie Schwartz, diabetes nurse specialist:

Diabetes centers and pharmacies often have free meters, so ask your diabetes team. Also, contact your local chapter of the American Diabetes Association. The ADA sometimes has free meters or can tell you how to get one.

[Editor's comment: Getting a free meter is easy; getting free strips isn't. And a meter without strips is only good as a paperweight or doorstop, so be sure you can get reasonable cost test strips (and a reliable machine), or you're wasting your time. WWQ]