From Doha, Qatar:

For the past six years and after my periods stopped suddenly at age 38, I thought I was having hot flashes which were induced by eating carbs. I noticed that when I ate a high protein, low carb, no sugar diet I did not have the sweating, heart palpitations and shortness of breath. I bought a glucose monitor and observed that after eating carbs/sugar, my glucose level goes up (130-175 mg/dl [7.2-9.6 mmol/L]). My fasting blood glucose level is about 70-90 mg/dl [3.9-5 mmol/L]. It eventually comes down only to go up again in an hour or two. About two hours after drinking orange juice with my dinner, sweat was pouring off me like I was in a sauna. What could cause the temporary rise in blood sugar, sweating and heart palpitations? Since diabetes runs in my family, could I possibly be having symptoms of impaired glucose functioning/pre-diabetes?

I think it is more likely that you might be having symptoms from menopause. Both the fasting and postprandial blood sugar values you report are quite normaI.

I really do not think you may have diabetes. Ask your doctor for further helps regarding hormonal replacement therapy.