From Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA:

Our 11 year old daughter was diagnosed about four months ago and is doing very well with her diet, shots, blood sugar levels, and attitude. My concern is that she seems to have an aching and soreness feeling all over that we cannot pinpoint to any reason. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

I presume that you have discussed this with your daughter's diabetes health care team. I don't think this relates primarily to her diabetes, but since type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease, she is at risk of other autoimmune disorders and it would not be unreasonable to consider screening her for those types of conditions including thyroid disease, adrenal disease, or collagen vascular disease. There is controversy about the verification of the diagnosis of fibromyalgia which your daughter's health care team can discuss this with you.

Posted to Aches and Pains