From Birmingham, Alabama, USA:

If I forget to take my Glucophage or can't remember whether or not I have taken it, what should I do?

Many of us forget if we've taken our medicines or not. Even vitamins get forgotten by many. An easy way to remember would be to use a pill holder that you can buy at a pharmacy. It's very inexpensive and has different partitions for different days and even times of day, or you can have a yellow one for mornings and a blue one for evening medicines. Something that simple can take the worry out of remembering.

If you have forgotten a dose of Glucophage [metformin] and remember within a few hours, you can go ahead and take the medicine. If you have remembered morning pills at the end of the day, you might want to skip the forgotten dose rather than double up. This would be something to also discuss with your pharmacist and/or diabetes team.

Posted to Pills for Diabetes