From Memphis, Tennessee, USA:

My 45 year old husband has type 2 diabetes and is experiencing more and more debilitating effects even though he works closely with his physicians. He would like to spend his vacation in a camp or resort setting receiving more education, working on lifestyle changes and receiving encouragement and support from professionals and from other people with diabetes. Do you know of diabetes education camps/resort/cruises, etc. for adults and/or their families?

With respect to cruises, Norwegian Cruise Lines and Princess Cruise Lines have cruises designed for people with diabetes, conducted by the Joslin Diabetes Center. The NCL cruise is from 9/9 to 9/16/2001 and goes from Boston to Bermuda. The PCL cruise is from 11/29 to 12/9/2001 and goes from Ft Lauderdale to the Southern Caribbean and Panama Canal.

With respect to vacations, if you are in the vicinity of Disney World, you can come by the Diabetes Center at Celebration Health (across I-4 from the parks), and attend the self management course while vacationing.

Additional comments from Craig Broadhurst:

There are special cruises for folks with diabetes. One of my clients in kidney failure went and had a blast.