From Camp Verde, Arizona, USA:

I have type 2 diabetes, and a lot of the time my cheeks are beet red and hot. Is this a relationship to the diabetes?

Many things can cause checks to "blush" and one of them is high blood sugar. Have you tested your blood sugar while this is happening? That would be a good way to see if a high blood sugar is causing this. Targets for blood sugar control are usually described as less than 120 mg/dl [6.7 mmol/L] before meals and less than 180 mg/dl [10 mmol/L]after meals.

I hope you take the opportunity to learn more about diabetes through education classes offered in your area. Learning how to be the expert on your diabetes is essential to your living successfully with it.