From Medford, Oregon, USA:

For the last month, we have noticed that when our seven year old daughter (who has PDD with mild to moderate delays in learning and motor skills) has outbursts of crying or moodiness and we get her some form of sugar (e.g., chocolate milk, orange juice), she is back to herself and seems much calmer within about 15-20 minutes. I have been documenting this. We have a strong family history of diabetes (maternal side). Do we need to look into this? Is there something that I could do at home or ask the doctor for specifically?

This is unlikely to represent a problem with blood sugar. Children with PDD frequently have different responses to normal daily stimuli such as eating, social interactions and communication. I would suggest reviewing this with her your pediatrician if the behavior continues.