Question:

From Indiana, USA:

My 13 year old son, who has had diabetes since age three, uses a pump, and is very active {drives race car, football, track, bike, roller blades} is very interested in the GlucoWatch! He would love to be a part of a study and knows with the watch he will have to frequently check his blood sugars as he does now!I would like to find out more about the kids test of the GlucoWatch being done in Denver.

Answer:

Although the GlucoWatch has been approved for adults by the FDA, it is not yet approved for children and that is why clinical trials are continuing. They are however very closely controlled and the actual instruments remain the property of the company and have to be returned.

Since it is really impractical to have subjects in Indiana participating in a Denver based trial, it might be a good idea though to contact Cygnus directly to find out if they have a trial in children nearer home.

Posted to Research: Monitoring