Question:

From Scotland:

My daughter recently had an MRI of her pancreas which showed an enlarged part to the tail of the pancreas with increased blood flow. Neither endocrinologist nor the radiologist know if the enlarged part at the tail of her pancreas was normal or not. Do you know? If this is so, if not what might it have been?

Answer:

I don't know, either. It seems a specialist radiologist needs to see the study itself and evaluate it. Why was the procedure done in the first place -- was your daughter hypoglycemic? Did she injure the abdomen? if either is yes, then it may represent some problem in the pancreas.