From Albania:

My 12 year old brother was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes seven months ago, and his average blood sugar is about 300 mg/dl [16.7 mmol/L]. He does exercise and keeps a strict diet, but there is no improvement, and he has become sick of this state. What should we do?

Your brother needs to be in better control right now. Please, as soon as you can, have your brother go to an endocrinologist, or better to a diabetes team specializing in the care of children, and ask for further studies, appropriate therapy (I would suggest an intensified insulin regimen), and education to achieve the metabolic control. That's the best way to assure a normal life for your brother and to fight complications. I don't know whether these facilities are available in your country, but I do know that there are Italian military hospitals in Albania, and you might want to ask there for further help.