From London, the United Kingdom:

I have had Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young for seven years, I am six weeks pregnant, and my latest hemoglobin A1c was 4.3%. My fasting blood sugar varies between 4.4 and 5.5 mmol/L [79.2 and 99 mg/dl]. My postprandial readings are rarely above 5.5 mmol/L [99 mg/dl] and I have good hypoglycemia awareness with very few blood sugars below 3 mmol/L [54 mg/dl]. I am conscious that this is very tight control, but is it harmful to me, or the baby?

Your control is excellent and is not harmful to you or the baby. Keep up the good work.

Posted to Family Planning