Question:

From Australia:

My seven year old daughter was diagnosed with diabetes. Can you supply me with information as to what she can eat? What is the sugar content in the product such as pasta, rice, sugar? In the light of the above I'm not interested with recipes as much as I'm interested in sugar content in products to suit our Turkish meals.

Answer:

You may want to look in your local book store for information on carbohydrate counting. There are many books available that give the breakdown of foods regarding carbohydrate, protein and fat. The American Diabetes Association (and presumably most national diabetes organizations) also has books for sale which might be of interest to you.

I would also suggest that your set up an appointment with a dietitian to help you and your daughter develop a meal plan. Meal plans need to be patterned according to individual needs.

JM