Question:

From Madras, Tamil Nadu, India:

My latest C-peptide result was 0.3 (fasting) and 0.4 (stimulated). I tested in the another lab and my fasting C-peptide was normal, but they measured in ng/ml whereas the previous lab measured in pmol/ml. What is the difference between these two readings?

Answer:

The reporting of results for the C-peptide assay are universally given in SI (Standard International) units. They are also reported in ng/ml in American laboratories. Either way, this will not change the result of the test as there are standard ways of expressing a given result in either set of units.

DTQ-20010620011353A