From Youngstown, Pennsylvania, USA:

I am a 43 year old female who has experienced what I call hypoglycemic episodes since I was a young child. I even remember passing out a few times. My parents never took me to a doctor for this, but as I got into my teens my mother was diagnosed with hypoglycemia and said that is what I probably have. She told me I just had to make sure I eat small portions throughout the day, and if I feel an episode coming on, to eat something.

This has usually worked for me in the past, but I feel I am experiencing more "lows" than I ever have and I am not able to bring it up like I could before. I have gone for days feeling very weak, shaky, and low. I am also now experiencing anxiety (especially at bedtime), inability to sleep, memory loss, and loss of concentration. I feel that if I tell this to my doctor, he will think I am menopausal. Maybe I am, but I know this is also related to my sugar levels. What should I do? Can I work with this myself with better diets or should I go to a doctor?

My recommendation is that you see your physician. These symptoms are obviously interfering with your quality of life. It is important to have the problem further evaluated to prevent these problems. At this point, I cannot speculate on what the problem might be.