Question:

From Goshen, Utah, USA:

At your website, under the 504 information, it states that MiniMed has a 504 plan for pump users. My son just recently was put on the pump and we are having some problems with the school. I have contacted MiniMed and they state they know nothing about a 504 plan for pump users. Could you please let me know were I would get the information?

Answer:

I believe you are referring to a book called Pumper in the School, written by MiniMed nurses, Linda Fredrickson, RN, MA, CDE and Marilyn Graff, RN, BSN, CDE specifically for users of MiniMed pumps. The 32-page spiral bound book is available free from MiniMed by calling 1-800-826-2099.

Users of Disetronic pumps will want to get Easy as ABC by Disetronic, which covers the same basic concepts but for Disetronic pumps. Easy as ABC is free by calling Disetronic at 1-800-280- 7801.

See our page about insulin pumps for a more detailed overview of both books.

JSH

Posted to School and Daycare and Insulin Pumps