From Greenwood, Mississippi, USA:

I am currently mixing the two brands of insulin because my pharmacists here told there is no difference and one is less expensive. Can the two brands of insulin be mixed? What is the difference between the two?

In my opinion, it is acceptable to mix the two brands of insulin. They are trade names, and the manufacturing process is a little different. However, the product is similar with similar action profiles. Some insulins should not be mixed together. This is especially true for Ultralente, other Lente-containing insulins, and Lantus (insulin glargine). Do what you think is easiest.