I am 51 years old, and about four months ago, I was having continual thirst, dizziness, my eyesight was poor, and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, now trreated with glyburide. I have been having ringing in my ears, and my toes are in constant pain. My doctor ordered a hgt test and said the results showed I need to increase my dosage to a whole tablet. What is this hgt test, Why do my toes ache?

I would guess that "hgt" might mean haemoglukotest, i.e. a strip home test for blood sugar level, or hemoglobin A1c referral to a podiatrist with experience in diabetic foot disorders as soon as possible.

Posted to Type 2