Question:

From Warwick, Rhode Island, USA:

My three year old son has two of the symptoms of diabetes is being tested. I was wondering if irritation was a sign of diabetes.

Answer:

I don't believe that irritation can be classified as a symptoms of diabetes. However, when diabetes is progressing and children become ill, I'm sure becoming irritated becomes more common.

[Editor's comment: I'm not sure what you mean by"irritation", but, if you mean a skin irritation, sometimes, in the presence of high blood sugars, young children (especially those not potty trained) can have yeast infections. SS]