From Waseca, Minnesota, USA:

My seven year old has type 1 diabetes, and I have been hearing about the "GlucoWatch". Who makes it? Is it it available yet?

The GlucoWatch is made by Cygnus, and has been approved by the FDA as a prescription device for adults with diabetes, ages 18 and older. As far as I know it is not yet available in the US [as of summer, 2001]. However, a study presented at the recent American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions suggests a promising role for Glucowatch® Biographer in pediatric care so stayed tuned! See ADA 2001 Scientific Sessions.