Question:

From Monterrey, Mexico:

My son's 10 year old friend has type 2 diabetes and has recently developed an oversized bladder. The doctors here don't give him any hope, and the family was told to consult a diabetes specialist in Houston, Texas. What's the best thing to do for this child?

Answer:

I think that your son's friend needs to be seen not only by a diabetes team for his type 2 diabetes, but by a pediatric urologist for what sounds like a bladder neck obstruction. This sounds as though it might be something that could be remedied by a simple operation.

Posted to Community Resources and Other Illnesses