From Cape May Court House, New Jersey, USA:

My eight year old daughter was just diagnosed two months ago. Last week, she had an allergic reaction to a bug bite, her doctor put her on an antibiotic, and since then I have not been able to keep her blood sugar in good control. Is this a normal reaction to the infection?

Infection can cause blood sugars to fluctuate. Especially when you are new to diabetes management, when blood sugars become more difficult to manage, I would suggest reviewing them with your diabetes team. They will help you with strategies for maintaining better blood sugar control.

Posted to Sick Days