From Lyndhurst, New Jersey, USA:

Recently, I received a lab report on my son (diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about two years ago) and I have questions about one of the tests: Anti-pancreatic Islet Cells Results Negative (Reference Interval Negative <11). I have never seen this test on any previous reports and was wondering why it was done.

Go back and ask your son's diabetes team -- they will know why it was ordered. This is usually a test to confirm type 1A (autoimmune) diabetes, but is only positive about 60-80% of the time in real type 1 diabetes.