From Waller, Texas, USA:

My three year old son, diagnosed with type 1 diabetes four months ago, sometimes complains of his legs and feet hurting. I try to massage them to help him feel better which seems to calm him down, and he is able to go to sleep at night when he is hurting a lot. I mentioned about his feet hurting the last time we went to the doctor, and he looked at his feet, but didn't say to much about it. What can I do to help him with this? Could it be from the insulin or high or low blood sugars? Have you heard of other children with diabetes complaining of their legs and feet hurting? (It is mostly in the shin area of his legs that seem to bother him.)

I doubt that this represents a complication of diabetes or high or low blood sugars. Leg pain in that age group is a fairly common finding and usually does not represent a disease. If this pain persists, I would once again make your pediatrician aware of your concerns.

Posted to Aches and Pains