From Irbid, Jordan:
My 10 year old daughter has had diabetes since she was five. What tests are needed to check and follow my daughter's condition periodically?
- Hhemoglobin A1c -- done at least quarterly and more often if needed.
- Dilated retinal exams -- annually -- beginning now.
- Urine Microalbumin -- annually -- beginning now.
- Blood pressure at each visit
- Lipid levels -- perhaps as often as annually
- Thyroid tests -- at least once and then every couple of years thereafter or more often if indicated.
- Other tests -- for celiac disease if indicated.
Original posting 9 Jul 2001
Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:23
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.