From Goderich, Ontario, Canada:

My 20 month old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 13 months, and we are getting accustomed to reading labels on food and what to look for, but we are going to Switzerland for a vacation, and I would like information about the labelling system there.

Labels in Europe are not exactly under the same laws as the USA, but they are quite similar. Most of the foods will be easily recognized so that if you stick to similar items while you are traveling I do not expect you will have much problems. Many foods are now exported internationally and so the labeling is much more uniform than in the past, and of course, in multiple languages so that the food can be used in several different countries.

In short, no need to worry.