Question:

From Ellicottville, New York, USA:

I'm 20 years old and very active. Two months ago I was losing weight, had a blood test, and diagnosed with chronic hypoglycemia, but now I'm experiencing the classic symptoms of increased thirst, urination, and weight loss. I still have a lot of energy, which is obviously the opposite of the classic diabetes fatigue symptom, so I'm confused. Can I have type 1 diabetes if I'm not fatigued?

Answer:

Go back to your doctor as quickly as possible and ask again for a blood glucose test.

LSF

[Editor's comment: To answer your question directly, "yes." You don't need all the symptoms! Get more testing for diabetes done now. WWQ]