Question:

From DeKalb, Illinois, USA:

I have been trying to find information related to the MiniMed closed-loop pump system. It is my understanding the MiniMed has tied its implantable pump to a glucose monitor by MRG. Can you tell me if this system is currently being tested in humans? If so, how many, and how many years until it is available the general public? Is there an Internet source available to find up to date information related to the closed-loop system?

Answer:

I din't get any sense at the recent American Diabetes Association about widespread trials yet.

Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

Go to the MiniMed web site. It's all still experimental at the moment.

Posted to Insulin Pumps