From Oceanside, New York, USA:

My son is on an insulin pump and is having difficulty keeping the sticky tape on. Eventually the set pulls out all together. It starts to come off.from sweat or swimming even with the transparent tape. Any suggestions? I heard there is something called Mastisol.

Yes, Mastisol seems to work well, but because it is so sticky, you need a special remover to get the stuff off. Call the pump company's help line, and they will discuss your tape-sticking problems and even send a sample tape kit with samples of several items, so you can see what works the best before you invest in them.

[Editor's comment: See: Products Available to help keep the infusion set on our skin at the Insulin Pumpers web site. SS]

Posted to Insulin Pumps