From Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela:

My 20 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes just three months ago. She is in very good control, but she has not taken the antibody test because In Venezuela it is almost impossible to find a lab that perform that test. How important is the antibody test?

From your answers to other questions I have read that there is a type of diabetes called idiopathic diabetes or 1B (mostly in Hispanic population), and in those cases the antibody test gives negative results. Being that my daughter is Hispanic, should I insist in my daughter takes the antibody test? Are there other test to check if her diabetes is type 1A or 1B? What is the specific antibody test that I should ask for?

From the clinical point of view, the eventual presence of autoantibodies and the differentiation between typeá1A and typeá1B makes no real difference given your daughter's very good metabolic control.

As far as other tests, l would suggest testing C-peptide to assess the residual endogenous insulin production from her own pancreas.