From County Durham, United Kingdom:

I am 22 years old, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes four months ago, and I started on a low dose of Humalog Mix 25 gradually adjusting my dose in response to blood sugar readings. My blood glucose levels are well controlled and almost always below 10 mmol/L [180 mg/dl], but when I test after breakfast, I always have a level of about 13 or 14 mmol/L [234 or 252 mg/dl], even when I don't eat much. This level doesn't stay high for that long, and if I don't snack mid morning I will have a hypo. Do you know why these readings are so high?

Normally, blood sugars rise after meals. You want to make sure you are taking enough of the rapid acting insulin to cover the glucose excursion after a given meal. Please note that taking a commercially mixed insulin may not be best for you. You can mix your insulin from two different vials, so as to get a more carefully titrated dose.Taking postprandial blood sugars is a good idea. Check with your diabetes care provider to see what level of glycemic control they recommend after meals.