Question:

From South Range, Wisconsin, USA:

Should all people with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes be seen by an endocrinologist? If not, who should be seen by one?

Answer:

People with diabetes deserve care from physicians and others who know about diabetes and care for a lot of people with diabetes. They deserve care which offers the latest and best in diabetes care which is designed with the particular individual in mind. I would never be so presumptive as to say that only an endocrinologist can do this. I don't presume to be a rocket scientist, a brain surgeon or anything else, but I do know and actively learn about diabetes.